- Severe weather impact lingers as cooler temperatures set to arrive
- Severe weather begins to move on, but patches of rain persist in central NC
- Severe weather moves on, but patches of rain persist in central NC
- Ahead of the Atlantic Hurricane Season, here's how to stay prepared and weather aware
- National Hurricane Preparedness Week kicks off
Share on Facebook
Tweet on Twitter
In the video uploaded to YouTube in September, the Society’s Disaster Response Team can be seen bursting through the entrance to a flooded home to rescue a little pooch named Soshe, a Maltese terrier who had been floating on a couch inside the home since Florence struck.
Soshe’s rescue is one of many carried out following Hurricane Florence, a massive storm that killed roughly 5,500 pigs and 3.4 million chickens in North Carolina.