- Timeline: Severe weather threat coming along with front
- Another Hurricane Season In The Books: The Good, Bad, And Ugly Of The Week
- 'We can bounce back from this,' Gov. Roy Cooper visits Pilot Mountain to evaluate wildfire damage
- 'We can bounce back from this,' Governor Roy Cooper visits Pilot Mountain to evaluate wildfire damage
- Wildfire burns into central Montana town, destroys houses
GREENVILLE, N.C. —
North Carolina’s The Avett Brothers will perform next month at a show to benefit organizations that are helping Hurricane Florence victims.
The “Concert for Hurricane Florence Relief” was announced Friday in a news release. The concert will be held Nov. 13 at Minges Auditorium in Greenville.
The bands Future Islands and Valient Thorr also will perform in the concert, which is being held on the East Carolina University campus.
The news release says proceeds will be donated to people and organizations contributing to Hurricane Florence relief efforts. It wasn’t immediately clear which groups and people will receive the money.
Scott and Seth Avett live in Concord, and Scott Avett is an ECU graduate. Bob Crawford also is a regular member of the band.
(Copyright ©2018 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)