- 'Mere coincidence': Brad Panovich explains why the sky is sometimes green before a tornado
- VERIFY: Does the sky turn green before a tornado?
- Carolina Hurricanes restricting ticket sales to solidify home ice advantage
- Texas tornado-surviving teen is new face of TxDOT's 'Click It or Ticket' campaign
- To Stop A Raging Wildfire
Sebastian Aho and Micheal Ferland each had a goal and an assist and Curtis McElhinney — picked up off waivers three days ago — had 31 saves in the Carolina Hurricanes’ 3-1 victory over the Columbus Blue Jackets on Friday night.
Jordan Martinook also scored to help give Carolina coach Rod Brind’Amour his first NHL win and ruin the home opener for the Blue Jackets.
The 35-year-old McElhinney was signed Tuesday as a backup after starting goalie Scott Darling was injured last weekend. A former Columbus backup, McElhinney got the start Friday after Petr Mrazek played the first leg of a back-to-back the previous night.
Brandon Dubinsky scored and Sergei Bobrovsky stopped 32 shots for the Blue Jackets.