- 'Mere coincidence': Brad Panovich explains why the sky is sometimes green before a tornado
- VERIFY: Does the sky turn green before a tornado?
- Carolina Hurricanes restricting ticket sales to solidify home ice advantage
- Texas tornado-surviving teen is new face of TxDOT's 'Click It or Ticket' campaign
- To Stop A Raging Wildfire
Until then, only a spotty shower or two is likely on Tuesday with highs again the in low and mid 80s. Shower chances will increase Wednesday, but those showers won’t be directly associated with Michael. Rain and wind will be on the increase Thursday morning as Michael approaches. Heavy rain of 2-4″ along with gusty winds of 35-45mph are expected. Those amounts of rain could cause some minor flooding, but rivers should got nearly as high as they did during Florence. In addition, the gusty winds could cause at least some sporadic power outages. As Michael moves away rapidly Friday, skies will clear and much cooler and drier air will move in just in time for the weekend.
If you’ve been waiting for autumn like weather, your wait is about over. This coming weekend will offer sunny days, clear cool night, and low humidity.
Have a great evening,
(Copyright ©2018 WTVD-TV. All Rights Reserved.)