- Hurricane Warning in effect for Louisiana, Mississippi as Zeta eyes Gulf Coast
- Zeta, headed for Gulf Coast, could bring severe weather to NC
- Hurricane warning for New Orleans as Zeta swirls over Mexico
- Zeta reverts back to tropical storm as it moves over Yucatán Peninsula, expected to strengthen back into hurricane
- Hurricane Zeta is ashore in resort zone of Mexico's Yucatan
Forecasters following Hurricane Michael have spotted something spooky in the satellite imagery, AccuWeather reports.
On Tuesday morning, meteorologist Jim Dickey in Ft. Myers, Florida, tweeted that the storm took on the appearance of a skull in its infrared imagery as the eye began to clear out.
The same phenomenon was spotted in 2016 with Hurricane Matthew.
The 2018 hurricane, currently a category 2, is expected to make landfall Wednesday.