- Scientists work to protect national security during hurricane season
- Hurricanes and climate change: What's the connection?
- Fort Bend County announces million-dollar expansion of pump station to help reduce flooding
- New $9 million water pumps in Sugar Land expected to mitigate flooding
- What's the connection between hurricanes and climate change?
Hurricane Michael Closings: Some area schools announce closings as the storm approaches
View The Original Article Here
As Hurricane Michael makes landfall on the Florida panhandle and heads toward North Carolina, some area district schools have decided to take preventative measures.
Durham, Cumberland, Lee, Wayne and Moore County schools will be closed on Thursday, Oct. 11 ahead of the hurricane.
View a full list of school closings here.
In addition, Nash-Rocky Mount Public Schools have decided to close three hours early.
Stay on top of breaking news stories with the ABC11 News App
(Copyright ©2018 WTVD-TV. All Rights Reserved.)