- 'We can bounce back from this,' Gov. Roy Cooper visits Pilot Mountain to evaluate wildfire damage
- 'We can bounce back from this,' Governor Roy Cooper visits Pilot Mountain to evaluate wildfire damage
- Wildfire burns into central Montana town, destroys houses
- Pilot Mountain wildfire caused by campfire, 50% contained at this time
- Crews begin to knock down doomed 2100 Memorial building ravaged by Hurricane Harvey
10/11/18–Governor Roy Cooper is revealing a proposal to keep recovery efforts on track.
As Michael moves closer, many are still recovering from Florence.
The governor wants state lawmakers to provide $750-million next week as part of a $1.5 billion Hurricane Florence recovery package.
Cooper’s office estimates Florence caused nearly $13-billion in damage.
That’s as much as Floyd and Matthew combined.