- Hurricane-damaged Little Bay Primary School in Rockport to become a workforce center
- NHL postpones two additional Carolina Hurricanes games
- Ava Gardner Museum closes due to flood damage
- Hurricanes open with 3-0 win over rebuilding Red Wings
- How Flood Projects Can Do More Than Just Prevent Floods (Jan. 14, 2021)
10/11/18–Governor Roy Cooper is revealing a proposal to keep recovery efforts on track.
As Michael moves closer, many are still recovering from Florence.
The governor wants state lawmakers to provide $750-million next week as part of a $1.5 billion Hurricane Florence recovery package.
Cooper’s office estimates Florence caused nearly $13-billion in damage.
That’s as much as Floyd and Matthew combined.