- Tropical Storm Epsilon could become Category 1 hurricane by Thursday
- Tropical Storm Epsilon expected to become Cat. 1 hurricane
- Tropical Storm Epsilon likely to strengthen further before eyeing Bermuda
- Tropical Storm Epsilon forms in Atlantic Ocean, could be hurricane strength by Thursday
- Tropical Storm Epsilon forms near Bermuda
Durham, N.C. — The worst of Tropical Storm Michael came behind the heavy rain. High winds downed trees in Orange, Durham, Chatham and Wake counties. By 6 p.m., there were no reports of injuries or deaths.
A sudden squall was visible just after 5 p.m. on a traffic camera over the Durham Freeway. The video shows the wind and rain rapidly picking up and visibility dropping to almost zero.
On Turnberry Circle in Durham, strong winds brought down a large tree in two pieces, sparing the home’s deck. Inside, the residents still had power, but they have a large clean-up task ahead.