- Tropical Storm Epsilon forms in Atlantic Ocean, could be hurricane strength by Thursday
- Tropical Storm Epsilon forms near Bermuda
- Report: Damage from August wind storm in Midwest at $7.5B
- What is a gyre? It's the weather pattern helping fuel 2020's wild hurricane season
- Trump administration rejects California's request for financial help with wildfires
Raleigh police officers A.S. Freese and B.S. Smith set flares to funnel traffic off N. McDowell Street at West Lane St. as rain from the remnants of Hurricane Michael close Capital Boulevard in and out of downtown Raleigh, Thursday, Oct. 11, 2018.