- Round Rock getting second disaster loan outreach center after tornado outbreak
- Carolina Hurricanes to face New York Rangers in 2nd round of playoffs
- New Texas plan for federal Hurricane Harvey aid yields same old result: Funds diverted away from Gulf Coast
- Austin-area teen caught in Elgin tornado joins TxDOT 'Click It or Ticket' campaign
- 'It's awesome': Record 19,513 fans pack PNC Arena for Hurricanes win Game 7 over Bruins
Raleigh police officers A.S. Freese and B.S. Smith set flares to funnel traffic off N. McDowell Street at West Lane St. as rain from the remnants of Hurricane Michael close Capital Boulevard in and out of downtown Raleigh, Thursday, Oct. 11, 2018.