- Hurricane-damaged Little Bay Primary School in Rockport to become a workforce center
- NHL postpones two additional Carolina Hurricanes games
- Ava Gardner Museum closes due to flood damage
- Hurricanes open with 3-0 win over rebuilding Red Wings
- How Flood Projects Can Do More Than Just Prevent Floods (Jan. 14, 2021)
Raleigh police officers A.S. Freese and B.S. Smith set flares to funnel traffic off N. McDowell Street at West Lane St. as rain from the remnants of Hurricane Michael close Capital Boulevard in and out of downtown Raleigh, Thursday, Oct. 11, 2018.