- Tropical Storm Ian path shifts west, increasing chance NC sees heavy rain next week
- Florida monitors a growing Tropical Storm Ian in Caribbean
- Florida emergency declared as Tropical Storm Ian strengthens
- Tropical Storm Ian strengthens in the Caribbean, tracks toward Florida
- Artemis moon launch delayed again as Tropical Storm Ian strengthens
LOS ANGELES —
In response to the devastation caused by Hurricane Michael in Florida, the Walt Disney Company is donating $1 million toward relief efforts.
The company will also match donations made by employees to eligible relief and recovery organizations helping in Florida.
Michael barreled into the Florida Panhandle last week as a Category 4 hurricane with 155 mph winds that practically flattened the town of Mexico Beach. The storm then raced through Georgia, the Carolinas and Virginia, killing at least 17 people as of Sunday.
Disney is the parent company of ABC11.
(Copyright ©2018 KABC-TV. All Rights Reserved.)