- Senior-laden Hurricanes edge Rockets to keep playoffs in sight
- An ex-Marine who was arrested for his role in the U.S. Capitol riots previously went viral for rescuing dogs during Hurricane Florence
- Southport Marina receives new docks after Hurricane Isaias
- Hurricane-damaged Little Bay Primary School in Rockport to become a workforce center
- NHL postpones two additional Carolina Hurricanes games
Share on Facebook
Tweet on Twitter
COLUMBUS COUNTY, NC (WWAY) — The Columbus County Sheriff’s Office has charged a teen with the murder of a missing man whose body was found during Hurricane Florence.
William Dewayne Simmons, 18, was arrested Thursday at the Sun Do gas station on Old Boardman Road in Boardman.
He is charged with murder and robbery with a dangerous weapon.
On September 16, the body of Carlos David Alfonso, Jr., 21, was found in the 8900 block of Joe Brown Highway North in Chadbourn. No word on the cause of death.
Alfonso had been reported missing from Orrum just three days before he was found.
Simmons is being held without bond.
If you have any information related to this investigation, contact Det. Parker with the Columbus County Sheriff’s Office at (910) 640-6629.