- Some don’t evacuate, despite repeated hurricane warnings, because they can’t
- Hurricane Ian lashes Florida with 155 mph winds as landfall approaches
- Hurricane Ian on brink of Category 5 status as it nears Florida landfall within hours: Live updates
- They moved from Texas after the 2021 freeze. Now they’re dodging a hurricane.
- Hurricane Ian on brink of Category 5 status as it nears Florida landfall today: Live updates
Tropical Storm Tara weakened to a depression Tuesday and dissipated several hours later, after drenching Mexico’s central Pacific coast while moving just offshore.
Forecasters said rain from the remnants of the storm could still cause flash floods or mudslides in some coastal areas, particularly in mountainous areas.
An additional 1 to 3 inches of rain were still possible in parts of Colima and western Jalisco, the U.S. National Hurricane Center said.