- Tropical Storm Zeta setting records this week
- Tropical Storm Zeta becomes 27th named storm of season, could bring moisture to North Carolina later this week
- Tropical Storm Zeta forms, on path to approach Gulf Coast
- Tropical Storm Zeta forms in the Atlantic, on path to approach Gulf Coast
- Tropical Storm Zeta forms near Cuba, expected to strengthen
On Wednesday, it was announced that singer James Taylor will partner with the Food Bank of Central & Eastern North Carolina to raise money for 1 million meals for hurricane victims.
“While the devastation from Hurricane Michael and Hurricane Florence seems overwhelming, my wife, Kim, and I and some of our friends are determined to do whatever we can to help,” Taylor said in the initiative’s announcement on Facebook.
Taylor grew up in North Carolina and has family roots in New Bern, N.C.
During and after Hurricane Florence, New Bern faced significant flooding and extensive damage from wind.
Taylor is aiming to help ease the impact of the recent hurricanes by challenging people to donate to the James Taylor Million Meals initiative.
Taylor, his wife and friends will match each donation dollar for dollar until the $1 million goal is reached.
To donate, visit http://foodbankcenc.org/jamestaylor.