- 'All of that stress came flooding back' | Homeowners fear plans for nearby landfill are back on
- Don't get iced by scammers while trying to score Carolina Hurricanes tickets
- 'We can all tell the story' | Charlotte artists team up to turn Carolina Hurricanes jerseys into visual concept of 'Black Excellence'
- Charlotte artists collaborate to tell the story of 'Black Excellence' through new Carolina Hurricanes jerseys
- Warm, dry week increases wildfire threat for Hill Country
MADRID — Spanish rescuers have found the body of the 5-year-old child reported missing after last week’s flash flooding in Mallorca, bringing the final death toll to 13.
The Civil Guard identified the boy by his first name, Artur, and said his body was found near a bridge in the town of Sant Llorenc de Cardassar, the worst hit by the sudden, record-breaking downpour on Oct. 9.
The Balearic Island’s Civil Guard said the vehicle carrying the boy and his mother was dragged away by a river of water and mud. The mother’s body was found the next day and her 7-year-old daughter survived.
King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia are scheduled to attend a state funeral in the town of Manacor on Wednesday evening.