- Tornado destroys homes in weather-battered western Louisiana
- Morning storms, possible tornadoes cause damage in Houston area
- Morning storms, tornadoes cause damage in Houston area, Southeast Texas
- Nor'easter brings hurricane-force wind, causes power outages
- Nor'easter has New England bracing for floods, power outages
TUNIS, Tunisia — Tunisian authorities say at least five people have been killed in flash floods in the country caused by heavy rains Wednesday and Thursday.
The interior ministry’s spokesman Sofian Zaag said two other people are missing.
The regions of Bizerte in the north, and of Nabeul, about 70 kilometers (45 miles) east of the capital, received up to 200 millimeters (almost 8 inches) of rainfall.
Some schools have been closed and homes, roads and hydro-electric power facilities along rivers have been severely damaged.
Last month heavy rains hit the region of Nabeul, killing six people.