- Scientists work to protect national security during hurricane season
- Hurricanes and climate change: What's the connection?
- Fort Bend County announces million-dollar expansion of pump station to help reduce flooding
- New $9 million water pumps in Sugar Land expected to mitigate flooding
- What's the connection between hurricanes and climate change?
Central Texas Copes With Historic Flooding Following Heavy Rains
View The Original Article Here
Originally published on October 19, 2018 1:35 pm
Heavy rains in central Texas have caused historic flooding this week. Gov. Greg Abbott has issued a state of emergency in 18 counties, and flooding has damaged homes in Highland Lakes and washed out a bridge in Kingsland.
Here & Now‘s Peter O’Dowd talks with KUT reporter Mose Buchele (@MoseBuchele).
Copyright 2018 NPR. To see more, visit http://www.npr.org/.