- A small group of Lahaina residents return to homes destroyed by deadly wildfire
- EF-0 tornado touches down in Perquimans County during Tropical Storm Ophelia, officials say
- A new tropical storm could form soon in the Atlantic
- Some Lahaina residents return after devastating wildfires: "Unrecognizable"
- Lahaina residents return to find little left after wildfires
BRUNSWICK COUNTY, NC (WWAY) — The Brunswick County School Board have approved additional class time for students and staff that was lost due to Hurricane Florence.
According to Schools Spokesman Daniel Seamans, November 6 will now be a regular school day for all schools except Belville Elementary and Virginia Williamson Elementary. Those two schools will remain closed due to them being polling locations.
June 6, 2019 which was a non-required teacher workday, is now a required teacher workday.