- Ava Gardner Museum closes due to flood damage
- Hurricanes open with 3-0 win over rebuilding Red Wings
- How Flood Projects Can Do More Than Just Prevent Floods (Jan. 14, 2021)
- Wildfires produced up to half of pollution in US West, according to study
- Tornado causes damage, displaces families in Houston suburb
Originally published on October 23, 2018 12:51 pm
As Central Texas struggles with the impacts of last week’s historic flooding, residents of Austin are being warned to boil water before drinking or cooking with it. The city’s water utility says floodwaters flowing into water-supply lakes contain high levels of silt and mud, and is also asking residents to reduce their water usage.