- H-E-B and its chairman commit $1 million to support those impacted by Texas Panhandle wildfires
- Texas wildfires destroy barn where student raised animals for Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo
- State calls for investigation into cause of Texas Panhandle wildfires
- As wildfires rage through Panhandle, Fritch residents seek respite at church
- Wildfires ravage cattle country, threatening Texas’ agriculture economy
Share on Facebook
Tweet on Twitter
HAMPSTEAD, NC (WWAY) — A festival that’s been a long-time tradition in Pender County will not happen like normal this fall.
The NC Spot Festival has been held in Hampstead since 1963.
With damage from Hurricane Florence and lack of fish, organizers decided to scrap the festival this year.
A post of the event’s Facebook page stated, “it’s hard to have the Spot Festival and not be able to get the spot fish.”
The festival relies on lots of volunteers including first responders and students.
The event will return next year on November 2-3, 2019.