- Ava Gardner Museum closes due to flood damage
- Hurricanes open with 3-0 win over rebuilding Red Wings
- How Flood Projects Can Do More Than Just Prevent Floods (Jan. 14, 2021)
- Wildfires produced up to half of pollution in US West, according to study
- Tornado causes damage, displaces families in Houston suburb
The food at Carolina Hurricanes games already surpasses the nacho and corndog expectations for concessions. Hello, prime rib sandwich carved to order.
But this is a new level.
This season, the Hurricanes will host a monthly chef series during six home games, appealing to the intersection of foodies and hockey fans. Dubbed the All Star Chef Series, the dinners have drawn some of North Carolina’s top culinary talent, including James Beard nominees and owners of some of the state’s best restaurants. The series is sponsored by Kinston’s Social House Vodka.
The first dinner kicks off Nov. 10. Here’s the schedule:
▪ Nov. 10: Dean Neff of Pinpoint in Wilmington and Chris Colemand of Stoke Charlotte in Charlotte
▪ Dec. 11: Katie Button of Curate and Meherwan Irani of Chai Pani, both in Asheville
▪ Jan. 4: Jacob Boehm of Snap Pea Underground in Raleigh and Michael Lee of M Sushi in Durham
▪ Feb. 19: Matthew Register of Southern Smoke BBQ in Garland and Eric Montagne of the future Locals Seafood Market & Oyster Bar in Raleigh.
▪ March 15: Matt Kelly of Mateo in Durham and Sean Fowler of Mandolin in Raleigh
▪ March 28: Walter Royal of the Angus Barn in Raleigh and Serge Falcoz-Vigne of Saint Jacques in Raleigh.
The dinners will be held in the Arena Club restaurant two hours before the game.
Tickets to the dinner and hockey game are $135, with seats in the lower level of PNC arena. Hurricanes season ticket holders can get dinner tickets for $75.
“The culinary scene in this state has taken off and thanks to Social House Vodka, we are able to bring 12 of the best chefs throughout the state right here to PNC Arena so that our fans have the opportunity to enjoy an incredible dining experience prior to a Hurricanes game,” said Mike Forman, Carolina Hurricanes vice president of marketing and brand strategy, in a release.
For details, go to nhl.com/hurricanes/tickets/all-star-chef-series.
Drew Jackson; 919-829-4707; @jdrewjackson