- Zeta weakens to tropical storm, still packs gusty winds and heavy rain on trek through southeast
- Tropical Storm Zeta to bring heavy rain, strong winds to Charlotte area
- The Latest: Zeta weakens into a tropical storm over Alabama
- LIST: Schools in the Carolinas going remote, closing due to severe weather
- Tropical Storm Warning expanded into Charlotte ahead of Zeta; many schools switch to 'remote' day
The weather on Wednesday’s Halloween afternoon is certainly not expected to be a treat.
A Tornado Watch is in effect for counties east of Austin until 10 p.m. They include Caldwell, Bastrop, Milam, Lee and Fayette.
A strong cold front will be sweeping through Central Texas early Wednesday evening and with it comes the chance for strong to severe thunderstorms.
Additionally, a few tornado sightings can’t be ruled out.
Parents of trick-or-treaters need to be alert to this developing situation. If you hear thunder, lightning is close by and you need to get the kids indoors.
Storms are expected to be scattered, so we are hoping for a window of opportunity to get that candy. Families should wait out any storm that develops.