- Explainer: Will Hurricane Ian impact gas prices in NC?
- Hurricane Ian updates: Storm's projected track shifts west to North Carolina mountains
- Hurricane Ian nears Florida coast, threatening floods, winds
- Florida natives come to Canes-Lightning game to take minds off Hurricane Ian concerns
- Hurricane Ian continues path to Florida
American Airlines volunteers are gathering to pack 5,000 boxes of food for Florida communities affected by recent hurricanes.
Team members planned to gather Thursday at one of the airline’s O’Hare International Airport hangars. They planned to work in assembly line-fashion to pack up 75,000 pounds (34,019 kilograms) of food.
The event is part of a system-wide effort to aid disaster relief following devastation in several Florida communities. American Airlines teams have met at airports in Charlotte, North Carolina, and Miami to pack food with Feeding America and thousands of hygiene comfort kits with the American Red Cross.