- Epsilon instensifies into category 3 hurricane in Atlantic Ocean
- Now a Category 2 Storm, Epsilon Is This Season’s 10th Hurricane
- Hurricane Epsilon, the 10th of a busy season, nears Bermuda
- Here are the records we're breaking this hurricane season
- Epsilon strengthens into Cat. 1 hurricane; 26th named hurricane of the season
Share on Facebook
Tweet on Twitter
WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) — The school year will last a little longer than originally planned in New Hanover County next spring.
Last night the school board voted to approve several changes to the 2018-2019 school calendars. The district says the changes were needed due to instruction time lost due to Hurricane Florence.
After getting feedback from parents and teachers, the board approved adding five instructional days to the end of the Traditional and Pre-K Calendars. The last day for traditional schools will be Thursday, June 13, 2018.
In addition, December 20, December 21, February 22, April 5 and April 22 will now be full days for students.