- 'All of that stress came flooding back' | Homeowners fear plans for nearby landfill are back on
- Don't get iced by scammers while trying to score Carolina Hurricanes tickets
- 'We can all tell the story' | Charlotte artists team up to turn Carolina Hurricanes jerseys into visual concept of 'Black Excellence'
- Charlotte artists collaborate to tell the story of 'Black Excellence' through new Carolina Hurricanes jerseys
- Warm, dry week increases wildfire threat for Hill Country
Wildfires affecting the Pepperdine campus have forced the university to relocate or reschedule several sporting events that were to be played as home games.
The Malibu campus will be closed through the Thanksgiving holiday weekend.
The women’s basketball game against UC Irvine on Friday will be rescheduled.
The men’s water polo team was to host the Golden Coast Conference championships Friday through Sunday. The conference will announce updated plans.
The women’s volleyball team was set to host its last three regular-season matches against Gonzaga on Thursday, Portland on Saturday and San Diego on Nov. 20. The schools and the West Coast Conference will come up with alternate plans.
The campus is to reopen on Nov. 26, when the Pepperdine men’s basketball team is to host Idaho State. That game is still on. The Waves will leave Monday for a weeklong trip that will take them to Northern Colorado on Tuesday followed by a tournament in the Bahamas.