- Scientists work to protect national security during hurricane season
- Hurricanes and climate change: What's the connection?
- Fort Bend County announces million-dollar expansion of pump station to help reduce flooding
- New $9 million water pumps in Sugar Land expected to mitigate flooding
- What's the connection between hurricanes and climate change?
Tornado touches down in Atlantic Beach
View The Original Article Here
Atlantic Beach, N.C. — A weak tornado touched down early Tuesday morning along the Crystal Coast.
The National Weather Service says tornado damage was found in eastern Atlantic Beach and along the Morehead City waterfront.
Early estimates are that this tornado was a weak EF 1, with winds between 85 and 90 miles per hour. It touched down around 4:45 a.m.
Several thousand customers of Duke Energy were without power after the tornado snapped a couple of utility poles in Atlantic Beach. Elsewhere a couple of storage buildings were destroyed.