- Ava Gardner Museum closes due to flood damage
- Hurricanes open with 3-0 win over rebuilding Red Wings
- How Flood Projects Can Do More Than Just Prevent Floods (Jan. 14, 2021)
- Wildfires produced up to half of pollution in US West, according to study
- Tornado causes damage, displaces families in Houston suburb
Johnna and Mike Fross, whose home was damaged during Hurricane Florence, said they were home when the tornado pushed through.
The pair was eating some Thanksgiving leftovers when they looked outside and saw the twister coming.
“I didn’t know if we were going to make it,” Johnna said. “We were just (in) survival mode. We just had seconds … I just thought the whole house was going to go up the way it was going.”
After the storm had passed they found that their roof was gone and their ceiling fan was across the street.