- Explainer: Will Hurricane Ian impact gas prices in NC?
- Hurricane Ian updates: Storm's projected track shifts west to North Carolina mountains
- Hurricane Ian nears Florida coast, threatening floods, winds
- Florida natives come to Canes-Lightning game to take minds off Hurricane Ian concerns
- Hurricane Ian continues path to Florida
Share on Facebook
Tweet on Twitter
WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) — Stylists from around the Wilmington area came out to help women get back on their feet after Hurricane Florence.
The Cabi Clothing Giveaway was put on by the Cabi Foundation. The foundation helps victims of natural disasters all over.
Cabi stylists donated more than 6,000 items from clothing, to shoes for women who lost everything during Florence. Everything was free of charge.
One stylist talks about the mission of the event.
“We just want to really put a smile on everyone’s face who has been devastated and emotionally distressed, and has just lost everything. We have casual clothes to working clothes. Our sizes are from zero to 16,” said stylist Tracy Mullins.
Mullins says each woman was paired with a stylist who helped rebuild their wardrobe. All the apparel was either brand new or a floor sample.