- Florida natives come to Canes-Lightning game to take minds off Hurricane Ian concerns
- Hurricane Ian continues path to Florida
- Charlotte Motor Speedway opening campground for hurricane evacuees
- Floridians arrive in Charlotte ahead of Hurricane Ian
- KHOU 11 Meteorologist Chita Craft, photojournalist Ivan Gibson will fly into Ian with Hurricane Hunters
The Houston area is expecting severe thunderstorms and localized flooding, with potential isolated tornadoes Wednesday and Thursday.
Showers are supposed to start Wednesday afternoon and turn into storms by nighttime, with one to three inches of rain possible overnight, according to the National Weather Service in Houston. Winds up to 25 mph are expected overnight, as well.
Meteorologists say the greatest risk for localized flooding and isolated tornadoes would start at midnight through morning Thursday.