- Fire-scarred California braces for more storms, flash floods
- Homeowners wait for long-promised state hurricane relief
- These are the most infamous October hurricanes
- Flooding in Venice worsens off-season amid climate change
- Drawing Hope: Illustrator volunteers to sketch homes lost in California wildfires
Three weeks into the partial federal government shutdown, the biggest impact on North Carolina so far is a slowdown in recovery efforts following Hurricane Florence and Hurricane Michael, according to Gov. Roy Cooper’s administration.