- Florida’s death toll from Hurricane Ian tops 100 as the search for survivors continues
- Hurricane Ian death toll reaches at least 94 in Florida, 4 in NC as storm's effects linger
- Hurricane Ian rocks waterfront communities in Brunswick County
- Hurricane Ian leaves behind beach treasures
- National Hurricane Center: Tropics still active just days after Hurricane Ian
Share on Facebook
Tweet on Twitter
PENDER COUNTY, NC (WWAY) — It could be months before at least two important places in Pender County are up and running again after Hurricane Florence.
Pender County Manager Randell Woodruff says the county courthouse in Burgaw has been closed since Florence and could be closed for another six to nine months.
He says court is being held in various other places and the clerk of court and the DA’s offices have been moved.
Woodruff also says the auditorium at the Hampstead Annex had to be gutted. It could also be months before that room is re-opened.