- Hurricanes open with 3-0 win over rebuilding Red Wings
- How Flood Projects Can Do More Than Just Prevent Floods (Jan. 14, 2021)
- Wildfires produced up to half of pollution in US West, according to study
- Tornado causes damage, displaces families in Houston suburb
- EF-1 tornado strikes Texas City during Wednesday's severe weather
Share on Facebook
Tweet on Twitter
BOILING SPRING LAKES, NC (WWAY) — Nearly two weeks ago we told you the story of John Ganey, an 80-year-old veteran who had been living in his garage since Hurricane Florence destroyed his home. Now we have an update.
After the city of Boiling Spring Lakes told Ganey he could not live in his garage because it was not up to code, many of you reached out to us wanting to help.
Since then, he was able to get a permit for a camper that a friend gave him.
He has electric, water, and can stay in the camper on his property until he has enough money to build a new home.
He says he is extremely thankful for everyone who reached out to him wanting to help.