- Atlantic Ocean is waking back up. 65% chance for above-normal hurricane season
- The Atlantic is waking back up. 65% chance for above-normal hurricane season
- A 65% chance of an above normal hurricane season. Why the Atlantic is waking back up.
- Forecasters: Hurricane season to be busier than 1st thought
- NOAA updates Atlantic hurricane season forecast, says it 'shows no signs of slowing'
(FOX 46 CHARLOTTE) – Severe storms will impact the FOX 46 viewing area Friday afternoon into Friday evening.
A strong cold front will move through the area and bring intense rainfall, damaging straight-line winds and the risk for isolated tornadoes.
The storms will show up in the eastern portion of the viewing area by 1 pm and will eventually pass through the area by 9 p.m.
Right now the neighborhoods west of I-77 are under a moderate risk for severe weather while areas to the east of I-77 are an under an enhanced risk.
The mountain and foothill neighborhoods are under a slight risk.
If possible, plan to stay off the roads during the afternoon and evening hours. Also, discuss a safety plan with your loved ones in case severe weather threatens your neighborhood.
The best thing to do for now is to watch FOX 46 closely for updated weather reports and download the FOX 46 weather app.