- A look at how summer storms create localized damaging winds
- Tornadoes spur injuries, damage in eastern Pennsylvania
- Wisconsin storms bring 3 tornados; 1 man dies in crash
- Tornado watch vs warning: What to do when you see alert messages
- Non-profit group organizing clean-up for home damaged by flooding on Leon Creek
Firefighters were called late on Sunday to the blaze in Ashdown Forest, inspiration for the 100 Acre Wood in A.A. Milne’s stories.
Milne had a home just north of Ashdown, and the forest helped set the scene for his stories about loveable bear Pooh and his friends.
The fire, which at one point covered six hectares (14 acres or 0.0-5 sq km), was eventually brought under control on Monday.
A fire service spokesman said the fire did not appear to have been started deliberately.
Two fires damaged the same forest in February.
Copyright © 2019 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.