- Confirmed tornado over Crystal Beach, NWS says
- Live updates: Confirmed tornado over Crystal Beach, NWS says
- 'Packed their stuff and left' | Hurricane Harvey’s impact still evident in many areas nearly four years after flood
- This woodworker is creating pieces from trees devastated by drought and wildfires
- Heavy rain prompts flood advisory for the San Antonio area
Raleigh, N.C. — The Carolina Ale House in downtown Raleigh on Glenwood Avenue has been the home of the official away game watch parties throughout the NHL Playoffs. And Thursday night’s Game 1 of the Eastern Conference Finals against the Boston Bruins is expected to be one of the biggest parties yet.
Glenwood Avenue will be shut down between Tucker St. and West Johnson St. from 1 p.m. Thursday until 1 a.m. Friday morning to accommodate the event.
The watch party, hosted by the Carolina Hurricanes, will be Thursday from 6-11 at the Carolina Ale House. There is limited seating inside the restaurant itself, and so the game will also be broadcast outside on a 20’x10′ LED screen. Fans are encouraged to bring their own chairs to sit and watch outside. There are more than 50 televisions inside the restaurant itself.
Fans have also been encouraged to arrive early. The watch party will include exclusive giveaways, plus both the Storm Squad and the mascot Stormy will be on hand as well to visit with fans.