- A look at how summer storms create localized damaging winds
- Tornadoes spur injuries, damage in eastern Pennsylvania
- Wisconsin storms bring 3 tornados; 1 man dies in crash
- Tornado watch vs warning: What to do when you see alert messages
- Non-profit group organizing clean-up for home damaged by flooding on Leon Creek
HOUSTON (FOX 26) – A Severe Thunderstorm Watch is in effect throughout the Houston area until 1 a.m. Friday, May 10.
Also a Flash Flood Watch is in effect for all of southeast Texas until 7 p.m. Saturday, May 11.
People can expect severe storms to bring high gusts of wind and possible hail.
Heavy rain is expected and flooding is likely to happen. If the storms stall out, rivers, creeks and bayous could also flood.
In anticipation of this weather event, several schools have been closed Friday.
To get the latest information on how this weather event may affect your area, make sure you tune into FOX 26 on-air and online.