- Confirmed tornado over Crystal Beach, NWS says
- Live updates: Confirmed tornado over Crystal Beach, NWS says
- 'Packed their stuff and left' | Hurricane Harvey’s impact still evident in many areas nearly four years after flood
- This woodworker is creating pieces from trees devastated by drought and wildfires
- Heavy rain prompts flood advisory for the San Antonio area
HOUSTON (FOX 26) – CenterPoint Energy is reporting 88,049 customers are without lights as of 10:25 p.m. Thursday.
Entergy Texas, Inc. is reporting 12,754 customers are affected by outages as of 10:25 p.m. Thursday.
CenterPoint addressed the power outage saying they’re working hard to get customers’ lights back on quickly & safely.
They offered some tips to minimize the impact of restoration
- Turn off A/C.
- Unplug major appliances like fridge, TVs
- Turn on a lamp
- When power is restored, turn A/C on last
To the 88,000+ customers without power at 10:45 pm – we’re working hard to get your lights back on quickly & safely! Tips to minimize impact of restoration. 1. Turn off A/C. 2. Unplug major appliances like fridge, TVs 3. Turn on a lamp 4. When power is restored, turn A/C on last.
— CenterPoint Energy (@CNPalerts) May 10, 2019
Entergy also addressed the power outages asking people to contact them if they lose power.
Severe weather is currently moving through Southeast Texas. If you have an emergency or outage to report, you can text OUT to 368374 or call 1-800-9OUTAGE. Visit our outage map to stay informed on estimated restoration times https://t.co/0poqzj3QlR. pic.twitter.com/fmWyMQBgBh
— Entergy Texas (@EntergyTX) May 10, 2019