- I-35 closes near downtown after water main break causes flooding
- After Dorian's Wrath: Little Miracles Amid A Painful Recovery
- Brunswick County culvert damaged by Hurricane Florence to be replaced
- New Hanover receives $4M to remove Florence debris from creeks
- 65 years ago, Hurricane Hazel became only Category 4 storm to hit North Carolina
In New Bern, nearly a year after Hurricane Florence, recovery is slow but progress is finally happening. Many people who lost their homes to the hurricane are relying on groups like Habitat for Humanity a lift to put their lives back together.