- Remembering Raleigh: Saturday marks anniversary of historic, deadly 1988 tornado
- Sunday night brings rain, slight chance of severe weather
- Weekend brings level 1 chance of severe weather
- Widespread downpours continue in Houston area with possibility of severe weather | View forecast
- Houston has a marginal risk of severe weather as heavy downpours move in | Live radar & cameras
HOUSTON – Houston Texans star J.J. Watt released a four-graphic report for his Justin J. Watt Foundation marking the two-year anniversary of Hurricane Harvey.
The report, posted via tweet, cites these milestones:
- The cleanup, repair and rebuilding of over 1,183 homes.
- The recovery and rebuilding of over 971 childcare centers and after school programs, serving over 108,731 children.
- The distribution of over 239,000,000 meals to those affected.
- Physical and mental health services to over 8,900 individuals.
- Distribution of 337,000 prescriptions to low-income and uninsured patients.
The report graphics do not detail any dollar amounts for the services disbursed so far by the foundation. Watt raised $37 million for recovery efforts after Hurricane Harvey.
The organizations cited by the Watt Foundation include Americares, Boys & Girls Clubs, BakerRipley, All Hands and Hearts, Save the Children, Feeding America, Habitat for Humanity and SBP.
Copyright 2019 by KPRC Click2Houston – All rights reserved.