- Severe Weather Preparedness Week for the Carolinas starts now!
- Q&A with Marya Crigler, chief appraiser, on property tax relief for storm damage
- Fans return to PNC Arena after more than a year as Hurricanes win
- GMA's Ginger Zee joins the First Alert Team for Severe Weather townhall
- First Alert Team, GMA's Ginger Zee host Severe Weather townhall
News outlets say Atlanta Motor Speedway and the Atlanta Braves are offering free services to residents from mandatory evacuation areas throughout Florida, Georgia, South Carolina and North Carolina.
The Speedway can handle thousands of campers and is offering free spaces to dry RVs and tent campers. They’re also offering limited spaces with water, power and sewer for $20 per night.
The Major League Baseball team is giving out complimentary tickets to games Tuesday and Thursday against the Toronto Blue Jays and the Washington Nationals. Evacuees must show valid I.D. at ticket counters while supplies last.
Airbnbs in Alabama, Florida, Georgia and the Carolinas are also extending a helping hand by offering free housing to evacuees.
Dorian weakened to a Category 3 storm Tuesday morning, but it continues to sit on top of and pummel the Bahamas.
Copyright © 2019 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.