- Cristobal Strengthens Into Tropical Storm As It Approaches US Gulf Coast
- Gov. Greg Abbott: COVID-19 pandemic, Tropical Storm Cristobal combine for unique challenge
- Gov. Abbott discusses hurricane preparation in COVID-19 times
- Cristobal could bring storm surge and flooding to Gulf Coast starting this weekend
- Texas Matters: Rising Support For Anti-Democracy Miltiary Dictatorship
Photo: Ken Branca
Image 1 9
Part of Interstate 35 is closed for morning commuters after a water main break flooded the highway early Wednesday morning.
Around 12 a.m., officials were called to I-35 near S. Alamo Street for a break that flooded the lower level of the highway.
FIND OUT FIRST: Get San Antonio breaking news directly to your inbox
One vehicle was submerged in the floodwaters.
Texas Department of Transportation shut down the highway for the rest of the night as San Antonio Water System crews worked. TxDOT opened the southbound lanes of I-35 around 7:30 a.m., but said the northbound lane will be closed for several more hours.
Taylor Pettaway is a breaking news reporter and general assignment writer. Read her on our breaking news site, MySA.com, and on our subscriber site, ExpressNews.com | firstname.lastname@example.org | @TaylorPettaway