- Hurricanes complete the two game sweep of the Florida Panthers
- First Alert to Severe Weather: Thunderstorms
- Volunteers help clean homes damaged by winter storm
- Biden heads to Texas to see storm damage, visit food bank
- President Joe Biden visits Texas to survey winter storm damage, COVID-19 vaccination site
Photo: National Weather Service
Image 1 1
Dallas-area residents have been asked to take cover as a tornado moves through the area, causing “significant damage,” according to meteorologists.
A tornado warning was issued for North Dallas County and Southern Collin County at 9:45 p.m., according to the National Weather Service. The tornado touched down north of Dallas and was quickly moving northeast toward Lake Ray Hubbard, forecasters say.
“Tornado that has produced significant damage continues to move ENE quickly,” Harris County Flood Control District Meteorologist Jeff Lindner said.
A reporter for WFAA-TV tweeted a photo at 9:45 p.m. showing a badly damaged concrete building near Love Field in Dallas. A tornado watch remains in effect for north and central Texas through 2 a.m.
The severe weather is not expected to impact Houston, but storms are anticipated overnight, forecasters say.