- Metallica to donate $250k to West Coast wildfire relief
- Hot, dry conditions stoke devastating California wildfires
- Emerging East Pacific tropical storm to avoid Mexico, Hawaii
- Church members putting faith into action providing relief for Gulf Coast hurricane victims
- Local firefighters heading to assist in California wildfires
In the face of the nightmarish brushfires ravaging Australia, people worldwide are offering whatever help they can, from crafting pouches for orphaned kangaroo joeys to offering to send veterinarians to help care for injured wildlife.
Artists and designers are getting in on the relief efforts as well, including Austin-based duo Name Pinding, who are known for their whimsical Texas-themed merch including Coach Pop and H-E-B prayer candle enamel pins.
Last Wednesday, Name Pinding posted an adorable koala pin on Instagram, saying sales of the new design will benefit disaster relief efforts in Australia. The pin features a koala gripping a branch with the phrase “hang in there” a la the kitten-themed “hang in there, baby” motivational posters.
The $10 pins are available for pre-sale on Name Pinding’s Etsy store, and are estimated to ship in February.
Stay on top of San Antonio news and views. Sign up for our Weekly Headlines Newsletter.