- Warehouse filled with Hurricane Maria supplies discovered in Puerto Rico; Government official ousted
- Hurricanes face difficult adjustment to life without Dougie Hamilton
- Steel gives Ducks 2-1 overtime win over Hurricanes
- Recent Earthquakes Exacerbate Exodus From Puerto Rico, But Some People Choose To Stay
- Security cam shows tornado rip up North Central High School
A spokesperson for Sampson County Schools said part of the roof near the back part of the school’s gym blew off. Children were in the gym at the time, but they ran the other way as some debris flew in.
Three children were taken to the hospital. The extent of their injuries is currently unknown.
Sampson County Schools said administrators dismissed children early and got them on buses or to the middle school while they waited for parents to arrive.
Sampson County was under a severe thunderstorm warning from 2:12 p.m. to 3 p.m.
We continue to learn more about this ongoing story. Please check back for updates.
Copyright © 2020 WTVD-TV. All Rights Reserved.