- 'It’s just been absolute hell' | Moving back into homes damaged by Watson explosion unknown
- Heavy rains in Brazil cause flooding, landslides; 30 killed
- One dead after crash in Florence County
- 2 victims killed in massive explosion in northwest Houston identified; hundreds of homes damaged
- 2 dead in massive explosion in northwest Houston; hundreds of homes damaged
The EF-1 tornado with 90 mph winds swept across Loris High School on Monday, January 13, according to the National Weather Service.
Video from a security camera at the school shows the twister lifting up and turning over several cars in the parking lot while flinging minor debris.
The National Weather Service said the tornado developed near the school’s football field and flipped over a trailer before advancing to the parking lot and onward for approximately one mile. The metal roof of a nearby barn was torn off but most of the damage was to trees in the area, the weather service said.
No injuries were reported.
Copyright © 2020 WTVD-TV. All Rights Reserved.