- Street flooding, damaging winds possible for Houston area Thursday | Timeline
- TIMELINE: Thursday storms could bring street flooding, damaging winds
- TIMLINE: Thursday storms could bring street flooding, damaging winds
- Pender County wildfire now 65 percent contained, still 1,226 acres
- Today on Texas Standard: How Houston is using nature to combat flooding
We’re expecting heavy rain on Saturday that could lead to street flooding.
HOUSTON — We’ll be on weather watch this Saturday as abundant moisture and an upper level disturbance combine to produce the threat for heavy rain.
Back to back model runs suggest that storms will cross the Houston/southeast Texas area between 11 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. Saturday. After that, the threat will diminish quickly.
I expect widespread one to three-inch rainfall with isolated totals as high at 8 inches. That would lead to street flooding, and rises on creeks and bayous.
Get the KHOU11 aap and stay close to the weather with us this weekend.