- Leland resident still feeling effects of Hurricane Florence more than 5 years on
- Gov. Abbott says state emergency response resources will be ready to handle severe weather issues today
- Recapping the 2023 hurricane season on final day of season
- Hail, tornadoes a potential in Houston-area storms Thursday
- Severe weather in Houston (Nov. 30, 2023)
By the time the 2020 Atlantic hurricane season officially began on June 1, two named storms had already developed in the tropics.
Here is a look at all the names for this year, which were recycled from the 2014 hurricane season. The names are numbered in the order of which they will be used.
What’s a named storm?
According to the National Hurricane Center, names are only given to tropical storms that have sustained wind speeds higher than 39 mph.