- Leland resident still feeling effects of Hurricane Florence more than 5 years on
- Gov. Abbott says state emergency response resources will be ready to handle severe weather issues today
- Recapping the 2023 hurricane season on final day of season
- Hail, tornadoes a potential in Houston-area storms Thursday
- Severe weather in Houston (Nov. 30, 2023)
Before Hurricane Hanna made landfall last week, President Donald Trump approved an emergency disaster declaration for the Rio Grande Valley. It makes it easier for the region to get funding if needed. But some in the RGV aren’t betting that aid will arrive soon.
As Victoria Guerrero, creator of RGV Mutual Aid Fund told the Texas standard, people in the region often believes it is neglected and ignored by the rest of the nation.