- Leland resident still feeling effects of Hurricane Florence more than 5 years on
- Gov. Abbott says state emergency response resources will be ready to handle severe weather issues today
- Recapping the 2023 hurricane season on final day of season
- Hail, tornadoes a potential in Houston-area storms Thursday
- Severe weather in Houston (Nov. 30, 2023)
CHARLOTTE, N.C. — A Severe Thunderstorm Warning has been issued for parts of the Charlotte-area as heavy rain and winds move in.
According to Chief Meteorologist Brad Panovich, the thunderstorm warning has been issued for parts of Mecklenburg, Gaston and Lincoln counties.
Panovich said some parts of the WCNC Charlotte viewing area could see winds of up to 70 mph. He also expects there to be loads of trees down in eastern Lincoln County.