- Severe weather cancels Wool E. Bull's Winter Wonderland, Chinese Lantern Festival & Christmas parades on Sunday
- Severe weather cancels Wool E. Bull's Winter Wonderland, parades on Sunday
- Pittsboro, Tarboro parades impacted by Sunday severe weather
- More than 2 months after a hailstorm caused major damage in Round Rock, residents are still dealing with repairs
- Leland resident still feeling effects of Hurricane Florence more than 5 years on
What does Tropical Storm Laura look like from above? Video from NASA and NOAA Hurricane Hunters provides a unique view. Wochit
Hurricane Laura — which strengthened to a Category 1 Tuesday morning — is forecast to approach the Gulf Coast Wednesday night.
On the forecast track, the center of Laura will move across the southeastern Gulf of Mexico today, the National Hurricane Center said.
Laura is expected to approach the Upper Texas and Southwest Louisiana coasts on Wednesday night, then move inland near those areas on Thursday, the 10 a.m NHC advisory said.
As of 10 a.m, Laura was recorded by the NOAA and Air Force Reserve Hurricane Hunter aircraft as having maximum sustained winds of 75 mph. It is located 585 miles southeast of Lake Charles, Louisiana.
Laura is moving west-northwest at 16 mph.
Tropical Storm Marco made landfall along Louisiana’s eastern coastline around 6 p.m. Monday before weakening to a tropical depression.
Hurricane Laura watches and warnings
A Storm Surge Warning is in effect for
- San Luis Pass, Texas to the Mouth of the Mississippi River
A Hurricane Warning is in effect for
- San Luis Pass, Texas to Intracoastal City, Louisiana
A Tropical Storm Warning is in effect for
- Sargent, Texas to San Luis Pass
- East of Intracoastal City, Louisiana to the Mouth of the Mississippi River
A Storm Surge Watch is in effect for
- Freeport, Texas to San Luis Pass
- Mouth of the Mississippi River to Ocean Springs, Mississippi
- Lake Pontchartrain, Lake Maurepas, and Lake Borgne
A Hurricane Watch is in effect for
- East of Intracoastal City to west of Morgan City, Louisiana
When will Laura make landfall? Track the storm here.
(Tip: If the map above doesn’t load, click here.)
More tracker maps: Tropical Storm Laura spaghetti models
Read or Share this story: https://www.caller.com/story/news/2020/08/25/tropical-storm-laura-nhc-update-hurricane-forecast-texas-impact/5628839002/