- Leland resident still feeling effects of Hurricane Florence more than 5 years on
- Gov. Abbott says state emergency response resources will be ready to handle severe weather issues today
- Recapping the 2023 hurricane season on final day of season
- Hail, tornadoes a potential in Houston-area storms Thursday
- Severe weather in Houston (Nov. 30, 2023)
Laura also brought along a catastrophic storm surge that will lead to flash flooding in southeast Texas and southwest Louisiana. The winds are expected to prompt several tornado warnings for areas in the storm’s path. Destructive winds are expected more than 100 miles inland.
Storm surge warnings, hurricane warnings, tropical storm warnings and hurricane watches are in place from southeast Texas to the mouth of the Mississippi River. Floodwaters are not expected to fully recede until several days after the storm.